Monday, April 2, 2012

Thoughts evoked by an early morning dream...

While I was growing up I wanted so much to hit the "age milestones" (10,13,16,18,21). I wanted to grow-up so fast. But now that I'm at this point in my life I want nothing more than to revisit those times for a completely different reason. There's so much I would change. So much I would cherish. So much I would have appreciated. It's not a matter of regret but more of a recognition of Missed-Moments Syndrome. There are very specific moments in my life I wish I could relive. I didn't appreciate my youth and the carefree oblivion it brought. And now I'm paying for that mistake, what seems like, everyday. As much as I try to recapture past moments- those memories, I have to accept that it will never be the same and trying to stay in/ recreate those times is borderline pathetic. I know it's time to let go, move on and savor those memories. I know I need to use these feelings of neglected past to direct my future. But it's difficult not to reminisce...The places, situations and people you have to leave behind, and allow to only remain in your memories...

Unfortunately the past sometimes looks brighter than the future.


"I Wanna Go to Marz"- John Grant feat. Midlake

No comments:

Post a Comment