Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Yummies: White Chocolate-Hot Chocolate

I've been making a lot of random yummies this Winter break and I think it would be great to share these recipes with everyone. So I;ll be posting them sporadically through the weeks. Most of them were me taking other recipes and tweaking and revamping them. Try them out and let me know how you feel =D

White Chocolate-Hot Chocolate:



This is such a simply recipe. And since I'm not a fan of milk or dark chocolate at all I had to find a hot drink recipe for those colder nights. I saw the recipe watching Barefoot Contessa, (Food Network is always on at mi casa) and I modified it just a bit to make it slightly more healthier. Not that you can really modify the calories in anything including chocolate, but hey; it's the thought that counts!


Ingredients:
3/4 cups of White chocolate chips
1 cup of Vanilla flavored low-fat yogurt
1 cup cup of milk
2 large marshmellow (optional)
dollop of Whipped cream or cool whip (optional)
cinnamon (optional)



Instructions:
1. In a small sauce pan melt 3/4 cups of white chocolate chips with 1 cup of vanilla yogurt on low heat. Stir frequently so the white chocolate wont burn.
2. stir in the 1 cup of milk into the mixture and allow the mixture to heat on low for 3 min.
3. Pour into your favorite mug. [Mine has my name written on it it's meaning .]
4.Drop in 2 large marshmallows and then a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon if you would like.
5. Enjoy =D




No comments:

Post a Comment