Saturday, March 17, 2012

Yummies: St. Paddy's Smoothie


Happy St. Patrick's Day....umm....yeah there's nothing Irish about me but just as some of my white friends claim to "celebrate" (more like acknowledge) Black History Month, I'll rock a green shirt today too. You know that I'm now juicing so instead of stalking pubs and bars for pints of Green Miller Light I thought I'd make a green smoothie instead. Contrary to popular belief green smoothies are delish... at least the one's I make! They're sweet  and nutritious. So in celebration of old Saint Patrick here's my recipe for my 
St. Paddy's smoothie!



What You Need:

1 1/2- 2 cups of Kale or Spinach ( I prefer spinach but I used Kale this time around)
2 kiwis
1 cup of pineapple chucks
1 cup of pineapple juice
1 diced pear
2 Tblsps of lemon juice
a kniife
a blender
a glass


I coarsely chopped all of my fruit as well as the kale into smaller pieces. I added each of those ingredients into the blender and then poured the pineapple and lemon juice on top. (*note: to make liquefying smoother, add liquids last so they can move down the fruits and veggies, soak them and make it easier to blend.)


Then blend it up!  Pour it in the glass garnish with a piece of pineapple and tahdah! Green Smoothie!


For more recipes on green smoothies and a whole bunch of vegan recipes checkout this awesome blog HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment