Monday, June 22, 2009

worker's strike

Ugh! I never realized how hard it is to do the things you want without the correct monetary funds, until riiiiiiiiiiight NOW. Lots of plans and ideas put on hold due to the fact that my paychecks are non existent. The NAACP has decided to play ALL the games and make my wonderfully paid internship nothing more than 7 hours of volunteering everyday. Once again, Ugh! Don’t get me wrong, I do love my fellow interns, my bosses, the networking opportunities, the great amount of work experience and most importantly the feeling of making a difference. Unfortunately the ability to pay for college, living off campus and driving to the metro can't be accomplished by learning experience alone. It's about time I found another job, well at least a second job. The first, the last and the months in between will sure enough NOT pay for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment