Friday, July 17, 2009

Growing Pains

"Oooohhh. As long as we got each other, we got the world spinnin right in our hands. Baby you and me, we gotta be, the luckiest dreamers who never quit dreamin..."

Well now that little blast from the past is over, I would like to state that i'm stuck in very grave area. How wonderful it is to be 20 yrs old. Kickin it in the District of Columbia. Getting some top-notch schooling at Howard University. Getting paid the "Big Bucks". Close (as in distance) to my family. Single. Child-less. Drug-free. Happy?

More like mortified actually. It's very scary to think about the future and the maturity level that is needed to have a successful one. It didn't hit me untill quite recently that I'm about to literally be on my own. I guess it's the fact that I went to a school so close to my home, that if ever anything "popped off" on campus I cuold literally get on the metro and head back to the nest. As much as I detest my house it is comforting to know that I have family so close. But it's about time to lift roots, permently, from Maryland. And to do so that means I must find housing in the district. Off campus of course, but near enough to make getting to class easy. Sooooooooooooo it looks like I'll be living in this quaint basment apartment with one of my best buds. Choosing to live with him and choosing where I would exactly be living is probably a decision that was much harder than it should be.

So much is running through my mind...Will we still get along now that we are under one roof? Will I be able to always cover my half of rent? Will he be able to do the same? What happens when I bring someone over he doesn't like or vice versa? What happens if we share my car? Will too much or not enough privacy ever be an issue? and so on and so on and so on....

Knuckling down to make this move acceptable won't be a problem for me. I would much rather sit at home with a small group of taboo loving friends, than partying and getting drunk and acting wreckless. But how about for my roommate?.....and then this leads me to a new concern My new "roommate" has always been my "best friend"...I'll admit that i'll be bummed if our random adventures evaporate because we'll see each other all the time anyway...and worst case scenerio we end up hating each other after this.

Well now I'm just rambling and giving myself a headache. All for the sake of growing up. The price of growing up can be benefical but it could also be painful in the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment