Monday, July 13, 2009

If hip hop is dead than it must be Jesus!

I guess I'm happy to say that the reason I haven't updated this thing is because I most definitely have been super busy. And not in the "I'm superbusy cause I'm over worked because the black people (NAACP) make me work 14 hours a day" kind of way. But besides work taking up the majority of the hours in my week, I've finally jumped on this Summer '09 grind. I've been holding this summer up on the highest of pedestles and recently everything seems to be sailing smoothly on the "self happiness" hype. Now that I've re-evaluated some of my friend choices, and how high I rank them in my life, everything else seems to be falling into place.

Soooooo yesturday was the Rock the Bells Concert near Baltimore. I was lucky enough to grab a few tickets through the job. So my best friend and I rode up (hours late), having no idea what to expect, and it was exactly how I pictured it but not exactly how I wished it would be. Due to the "cheapness" of the NAACP, we had lawn tickets meaning that the closest thing to the performers we got was a few giant screens.

And of course in the first 10 min of me finding a lovely place to watch, a random "dance to the words", white lady offered me a hit on her HUGE blunt. This of course forcing Jared and I to find better seats...fast.The amount of drunk/high people made my sobriety very hilarious. I'll just say people watching gave us a few good laughs. But all in all it was a pretty nice time. Common reminded me why I have dreams of procreation with him. Big Boi's performance (being the only person on the tour from the dirrrrty south) was whatever...and The Roooooooooots...It would probably have been better if I was actually near the stage. I still love them, and this only tells me that I HAVE to attend The Roots picnic next year to get their true vibe.

Anyway, we left before Busta Rhymes and Nas's performances, but next year when Rock the Bells comes back we'll mos def have VIP tickets!

After our early dismisal we drove to Columbia Mall to enjoy what was one of the FUNNIEST Movies I've ever seen. Bruno was great. Very offensive, yet so enjoyable. I laughed the entire movie. For a rated-R film the nudity was intense!!! But I won't give anything away...

...and talking about movies...in case you've been locked in a closet for the last year, HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE comes out TOMORROW NIGHT, or wednesday morning, depending on if you have a pessimistic mind set. When I saw Twilight last Christmas I'm not ashamed to say, that I was one of the very few people who stood up and clapped after they showed the trailer. I'm pressed in the best type of way. But with the overwhelming excitment I have, I'm also slowly realizing that this is the 2nd to last film, and with the completion of the books, that means a step closer to the realization that my childhood is offically over. ugh....but more about growing pains in the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment