Thursday, October 1, 2009

OCTOBURR!

I love the autumn season! I love the month of October even more! It’s my favorite month of the year (followed closely by February since it’s the month of my birth) This October is guaranteed to be a great one. Starting with the Maxwell concert tomorrow (insert moans, panties dropping, and wetness) and ending the month with my favorite holiday, Halloween. In between those two events will be Howard University Homecoming, Jay-Z concert, mad amounts of random fun, parties, lots of homework, cardigans and boots, and moments where I stop and look at the colors change. I’ve always thought of October being a sinister month. I don’t really know why. Maybe it’s because in literary symbolism, fall has always represented death. Maybe it’s the preparation for Halloween. Whatever it is, I’ve always felt connected to the month. Dark and mysterious, just like me! Ha ha anywayyy…

I’m making jerk chicken and listening to Muse, one of my favorite bands EVER. They definitely helped mold my high school career, for sure. And their new album, The Resistance, is a reflection of my current life. The British have given us a few great things: The Spice Girls, Harry Potter, Coldplay, Robert Pattinson and Muse. Each of those things I keep close to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment