Friday, December 31, 2010

two thousand and ten

We made it guys! It’s the end of 2010! Here’s a quick summary of the last year….

*my coming of age

*the snow blizzard of DOOM a.k.a Snow-torius B.I.G

*the death of Sojourner Truth…my lemon… my first… my car (pours liquor as a symbol of libations)

*moved out of 127 Adams St….the party house lol

*grew closer to God. The closes I’ve ever felt to him

*had beautiful conversations

*learned that I can be spiteful but only to prove to myself that I can be

*grew closer to a lot of friends and then grew apart from them, only to grow closer to them

*realize that I have undoubting loyalty.

*cried for enlightenment

*composed three musical pieces that showed me that the cliché is true. You can better show your emotions and feelings through the arts.

*got in touch with my "roots"

*traded my relaxer for shea butter, cut off all my hair and never fell in love with a better decision.

*Began the end of my matriculation through college.

*had my feelings hurt on more than one occasion.

*hurt someone’s feelings on more than one occasion…and hated it.

*woke up on a basketball court in the most sketch part of NW DC.

*was introduced to liquid bereavement: four loko (or 16 loko in my case lol)

*allowed alcohol to lower my inhibitions on more than one occasion.

*enjoyed the best company from my female “bed mate” for 2 months

*Almost had a one night stand and was only stopped because of the lack of privacy

*realized that random sexual engagements should be as acceptable for women as it is for men, even though that’s not acceptable for me

*became a sex-positive feminist

*got dumped for the first time

* tried to be more responsible

*realized that I knew love and lost it

*realized with the help of Ms. Badu that I’m a recovering undercover over lover

*recovered from a complete mental breakdown

*ran away from the world to my personal haven with my sophomore sister

*quit my job only to return to them 2 months later

*filled the gaping hole he left in me with the love of my friends and family

*enjoyed a sober homecoming

*stayed out of contact with people because the gods of technology hated the idea of me having a reliable and constant phone source.

*mourned the loss of childhood and innocence

*witnessed the beginning of the end of my childhood, through the form of a movie.

*matured incredibly

*was entertained by internet "sensations" who should stay in 2010 (*cough*antondodson*cough*)

*was a part of history by joining the reclaiming the dream march

*witnessed to "regain" and "lost" of america's sanity

* wrote about life

* enjoyed helping my community

*realized that I wanted to help the greater community by going to Africa next summer.

*Realized that I am an artist and I want to do “epic shit”

*learned to forgive others and myself

*realized that success is a journey and not a destination

*realized that I regret nothing of the past year

*made a resolution for 2011; stop trying to put declarations on 2011 and let what is suppose to happen, happen

No comments:

Post a Comment