Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Street Joy

If you’ve been following my blog for a while or if you’re my friend you should know what my favorite song is. I checked my itunes playlist and the number of plays for “Playground Love” by Air is at 875. Of course I haven’t used itunes in over a year since I'm ipod -less. But if Windows Media Player had a song count it would probably be over 3,000 times. It’s so enchanting and smooth. Maybe I love it because it’s time-less. Or possibly because it came from one of my favorite movies, “The Virgin Suicides”. So on my search for some similar music I stumbled across this sexy and cool song by a band called White Denim. It’s called “Street Joy” and I think I found love.

I've really been into ballads recently. Especially those coming from unlikely sources. (That does NOT include that one that Lil Wayne just came out with. -____- ) This is what I need in my life right now. A new genre of music to get engrossed with. I'll start with this. It's both simple and haunting. Two characteristics I seem to appreciate in a good piece or song.


No comments:

Post a Comment